Monday, March 29, 2010

Random Thoughts

1. The good news is that I came in 3rd in Sunday Moose Tournament ($420 win).
2. The bad news is that it only partly made up for my losses the previous 2 days.
3. Running pretty card dead.
4. I think that I am making fairly good decisions most of the time....again trying not to focus on the money or the results. Example: folded pocket 3's to Tim the Postmaster's usual $7 raise and Tu's $20 re-raise (he showed pocket aces). Flop came small....with my 3. Probably would have made well over $100 on the hand, but think it was the best decision, although the thought of cracking both of those guys is very tempting. The problem is not the calling of the $27, it is getting in the crossfire of a raiser and reraiser. It could have cost me much more to see a flop with a probable 2 outer. I showed my hand to Miguel, sitting next to me, and after the hand was over he went nuts...said I should have played it (he definitely would have). But you see this is the problem with Miguel's game. He does not respect raises and reraises and thus usually gets his money in with the worst of it. He was up $1200 on Saturday and lost it all (plus whatever he had bought in for). Again, got to focus on making good decisions.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I'm with ya on this. The only time I get ticked off with myself when playing poker is when I make a bad decision - not necessarily a wrong decision - just plain bad. I have made some stupid moves lately and that is a thing of the past. You will see improvement - I guarantee it!!