Friday, March 19, 2010

RIP Mike

Over the past 3 years it has been a sad thing to watch some poker players fade away and die. I am thinking of Jim, Old Jim, Dick, Mr. Wilson, Ray Ray and others who I have forgotten. Early this week I was driving home from the coffee shop and noticed a couple of policemen and others in front of Mike Taylor's house. I was concerned because I did not see Mike, but did not stop. The next day I found out that he had passed away. Mike was fairly regular at our American Legion Friday night game and was an avid online player. He was the one who introduced me to Spade Club, telling me of his regular monthly checks. We had talked many times about doing a day trip to Spirit Mountain together, but had never done so. He retired from roofing and siding work a couple of years ago and was pretty much a loner. He loved his dog, even removing the front seat of his car to accomodate it. I will miss talking poker with him.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I'm sorry to hear that. He sounds like a nice guy. You made me think about people who have died as well. I had to smile thinking about Mr. Wilson and how red his face would get when he got beat. :) I miss them all. Hope to see you soon. (Glad to hear you broke even in Omaha)