Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday Morning Tournament

Just returned from the morning tournament. Just a quick note about an unusual hand. On the final the under the gun player raised to $700. I have pocket 8's and flat call. The small blind and big blind both call. The flop is 2/2/2. The small blind checks, BB (Clark) shoves for 1300 more. UTG flat calls, I call, and small blind shoves for 3000 (he is big stack at the table). UTG ponders, then calls. With everyone else all in, I fold my pocket 8's face up. Small blind shows QQ, Clark has 55, and UTG has AA. Great fold except I had unbelievable pot odds, two outs, and am left with only a couple of blinds. The aces hold up and he becomes the massive chip leader.

Online just had a horrible beat. I was cruising along with great chip count, only 150 players remaining out of 455 when the player to my right raised. I had 7's and thought about shoving to isolate him (had twice his chips), but just called as did another player. The flop is small, original raiser bets, I reraise, limper calls for all of his chips and better calls. Turn pairs the board with 4's, I put better allin. Limper calls. Limper wins main pot with full house (he had 4/5 offsuit), side pot goes to original better with his q/9 hearts flush. I screwed up big by not reraising him, but not sure that it would have made any difference with the donkey. The limper knocked me out a few hands later when I shoved with a bunch of limpers (him included) with my Q/10 suited. He had pocket 8's and they held up.

No comments: