Friday, February 26, 2010

Spirit Mountain "real cash" tournament win

I played in the 10 a.m. tournament today at Spirit Mountain. It is a little different format than the usual tourneys. It was a $25 buy in, but you got only 500 in chips, plus another 100 for being a member of the "Coyote Club". Blinds were 25/25 with I think 15 min. increases....so not a lot to work with. It was also a rebuy tournament, if you got below the 500 you could rebuy for $10. At the end of the rebuy period (1 hr.), you got to buy 2000 chips for $20 plus another 1000 for $10 as a dealer bonus (no tip required). I was lucky not to have to rebuy, so the whole thing cost me only $55. There were 4 tables, and we played down to final 9 who chopped the entire prize pool ($170 each, with $100 for the bubble boy). We could opt to take the money or play a cash NL game with the low stack having the choice to quit each hand. We all decided to take the money and run.

My key hands were won with pocket 6's allin against overs...hit the set and filled up. Next big hand pocket queens vs. pocket jacks & the biggest stack with pocket 9's. I actually lost the hand to a flopped set of jacks, but she was a very short stack and I made more on the side pot. This also crippled the big stack and he never recovered.

Managed to lose most of my winnings in Omaha 4/8 (lost 40 there), and some more in the 4/8 game. Overall a marginally profitable day, which for a 4 hour round trip drive is not too cool.

No comments: