Monday, February 22, 2010

Running Great in Omaha

My omaha play lately has been fantastic with many double ups of my buyin, and even one 9X buyin day. I hit a straight flush against a full house and ace high flush today in a pot limit tournament and actually thought I was on a roll to win it until I ran into two trouble points. There were 260 players in the tournament, and we were down to about 80 with me in 2nd place. I raised preflop with a good, but not great hand, JJ10K. The flop missed me, but put a pair on board, along with a straight draw. I continuation bet and was called by someone with almost my chip count and pocket 5's. He hit a flush on me and I was down to 15th place. My last hand was pocket kings, with a 6 and I think a 10, single suited, diamonds. The blinds were huge, 2,000/4000, and I was in the big blind. There were several late position limpers plus the small blind, so I elected to thin the herd by raising pot. This put me over 1/2 in, and pot committed, so when the button reraised me (barely covering me), I called. He had AA10,x and was also suited with his ace in diamonds. The flop was awesome for me, with 2-6's, giving me bottom trips, but unfortunately put 2 diamonds on the board. Turn, blank, river.......diamond. I was out in 30th place. If I had won the hand....top 4. Oh, well....I did not go in with the best hand, but given the flop if I had no raised preflop would have pushed with the 3-sixes and 2nd nut flush draw anyway. He may have called with the overpair and nut flush draw, so.....go fish!

No comments: