Sunday, March 29, 2015

Winning Streak. Who, Me?

Friday night legion poker.  Agreeing to deal table 2, I took a big hit early from a flopped set of 6's vs. my top pair. Short stacked, I had to gamble up and got a couple of double ups to get back in the tournament.  Made a wise laydown that would have knocked out 2 players.  3/3 shoves and is overcalled by two players with crap (5/6 suited and 7/8 as I recall).  As last action I folded my pocket 4's only to see the flop come 4/2/2.  The 3's ended up with a straight and the 5/6 got a pair to knock one player out.  Dang, missed opportunity but still the right decision.

Gliding into the final table with a decent chip stack I just let folks battle it out and knock out players until we hit the money....paying 6 places plus the bubble.  My big break came when we were down to 3 players and limping in with 10/J.  The flop was 10/J/A and I was snap called by a weak ace who was the chip leader.  I vaulted to 2nd place and suggested a 3 way chop for $318 each.  We agreed and I also "won" $30 for dealing.  A good night of poker and I jumped way up in the quarterly point standings.

I don't know if I am playing better or just getting consistently lucky, maybe a combination.  Glad to be "like butter", that is "on a roll".

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Nice job sir! Winning can never come often enough as far as I'm concerned. You did make the correct decision with the pocket 4s even though you would have flopped huge. I always like to see a CHEAP flop with small pairs and with those crazy raises in front of you, it was a good laydown. Who knows? If you had played that hand, karma may have knocked you out sooner than the 3-way chop. Poker can be an evil bitch LOL.