Sunday, March 22, 2015

Million Dollar Error


O.K., so it is not a real million dollars, but still.  Last night I was in bed but could not sleep so got up and plugged in to Pokerstars.  My usual comfort zone is the $1000 buy-in tournament, either the 18 person or 45 sit and go.  So, I decided to play in the 45 player tournament.  I made it deep but did not cash (10th place).  So, it is late, probably 10:45 or so, and decide to play one more, but choose instead the 18 player turbo so it won't keep me up too late.  Usually when searching for a game I select the ascending value tournaments so I can quickly choose one.  However, I forgot to do this and punched in the first 18 SNG turbo on the list.

It seemed that the players were not quite as crazy as usual, no preflop shoves on the first hand, etc.  I did well in the tournament, chipping up early and eliminating several players.  We got down to the "money" which is the top 4 spots.  I chipped up massively and was the chip leader heads up.  We battled for a while but he eventually got me.  I clicked on the prize button as had forgotten exactly what 2nd place paid.  Huh?  $1,250,000?  What the what?  I had accidently enrolled in the $250,000 buy-in SNG!!!!  All is well that ends well and I am now equipped to "move up" to the bigger games.  I think as poker players we are all looking to move to the next level.  Just did not plan to do so last night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you can really play with "the big boys"!! I have made similar goofs and noticed the improved play and cashed also. Feels good.

Mike