Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Americas Cardroom Win

With my bankroll down to about $5.00 I decided to give a $25 guaranteed tournament a try.  I had earlier been blown out of the $10 freeroll and had a horrible beat on Zynga.  I was not feeling the love.  Sure enough, I took some hits early but fought back.  The payouts were to the top 18 and I just tried to hang in long enough to get an .83 return on my .55 investment.  Once the bubble was broken several players busted out and moved me up in the money.  I had several great hands, flopping sets, big pairs, KK, AA, QQ that held up.  Once I knocked the top stack off it was all gravy for me heads-up.  I think I lost only a couple of small pots, putting lots of pressure on the short stack (had him about 9 to 1).



93 entries, no re-buys from me.  Total win $11.62.  Sweet.

2 comments:

7 Dewey said...

Great job! Now don't go spending that all in one place LOL. Just kidding. That's a super return on 55 cents.

Phil said...

Dewey,
The key point is that it gives me money to enter bigger buy-in tournaments without depositing any of my "own" money.