Thursday, March 26, 2015

Ace Queen Strikes Again



Arrrrrggggg!  When am I going to learn to just throw this piece of s--t away!  Last night at Wheeler I was running good early, had chipped up nicely then we went down to 2 tables.  The "beginning of the end" for me was my raise in middle position with my dreaded AQ.  A shorter stack re-raised all-in but I felt that I was pot committed and would still have a fairly viable chip stack if I called and lost.  He tabled JJ when I called and the race was on.  I lost, and was soon down to 2 1/2 blinds at the 100/200 level.  In the big blind with 1/2 my chips in play it was folded to the aggressive button who raised to 400.  The small blind folded and I called, leaving behind only 75.  The flop was king high (I had 4/8 off) and I had no pair and no draw.  I "shoved" and was quickly called by Gary's K/J.  The turn brought a 4, the river an 8 for an unbelievable 2 pair win.  I won another hand, lost some and was dealt A/5 in middle position with only 3 1/2 blinds.  I shove and am called by the same player who got most of my chips with his JJ.  He shows J/Q of clubs.  The flop is low, with a 5 and the turn is harmless but the river is a jack and I am done in 10th or 11th place.  Long drive home, or as we say, "hardnosing the highway".

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

You are just not lucky with AQ. I am just the opposite and much prefer AQ to AK which hates me. It's funny how some hands just don't work for some players. You didn't do anything wrong. I think most people would have called his all-in with AQ in your position.