Thursday, February 27, 2014

First Hand Out



Playing in the "Morning Moose" today, I limped in early position with 8/9 of hearts.  Probably 7 limpers total...typical of this $25 tournament.  Flop was awesome, 6/7/10.  Under the gun player bets 200.  With two diamonds out there I decide to reraise all-in to either induce the flush draws to fold or let them call on the draw.  Everyone folded to the original raiser who pondered a bit, then said, "I call, if you have the 8/9 you have me".  I said "Yep", and turned it over and he showed 10/10 for top set. Turn was a brick, then the board paired with a 6 on the river.  Player down.

Moving over to the cash game (a second one had just started), I watched aces get cracked by a flopped set of 8's (Dougy), then the very next hand I have the aces, and when it is raised to $8 to me, and the guy whose aces were cracked tilt/calls with 4/8, I reraise to $28.  Both players call.  Flop is small and slightly connected but with a 4 and I bet $20.  Both players call.  Turn is a brick, I bet $20 again, and both call, with the tiltman going all-in for less.  River is an 8, I bet $20, am called by original raiser who tables JJ.  I take the side pot, and the main pot goes to the 4/8.  Sick.  Aces are cracked the next time they are dealt (by 8/3 no less) who makes the dumb end of the straight on a A/9/10/J/Q board.  Very sick.

I end up cashing out for $315 on my $100 buy-in, so good day for me.  It was one wild table I gotta tell you.  Saw some major league chip stack swings (Hal up $500 to the felt for example).

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I love your ecard picture. Too bad about your 8-9. Not much you could do about that.

There have been some juicy live games lately. I cashed out last night with a profit of $405. Hope to see you tomorrow.