Monday, February 24, 2014

Picking on Roland

Felt very fortunate to have the $100 bounty player land on my table this morning, particularly since I had doubled up.  Roland got the seat to my immediated left, which meant that he had position on me.  I limped the first hand, mostly because he was forced to post.  I caught a piece of the flop and bet, he raised big and forced to fold.  This was the pattern that continued until he knocked me out!  I raised his big blind with 2/6 suited, he defended heads up with 7/3 suited.  Flop was 7/3/5, and when I bet he raised and I folded my gutshot straight draw.  Later, I raised with J/Q, he called with A/10, another player shoved and we both folded.

Last hand, I was extremely short having called a short stack shove from my blind with 9/2 suited only to see A/9 suited.  In the big blind, with only 100 behind, Roland min raised Brian who called (very loose player).  I found A/10 so I am in it to win it.  Roland shoves blind before the flop, and turns over A/A.  Player down.

Be careful what you wish for.  I wanted him on my table, and honestly raised or called a couple of times just to punish him or try to short stack him.  Bad idea. 

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Never a good idea to pick on a player or try to get revenge. Bad things always seem to happen.

I played the $115 tournament yesterday only to be defeated by Gary. He flopped top pair, top kicker with AQ. I had KJ diamonds & hit my flush on the turn. He called with A diamonds and another diamond hit the river. Sheesh. I would have done the same thing if I had his cards & his chip stack. Just my usual all-in with the best hand crappy luck.