Monday, February 28, 2011

2 & 3 outers donk calls part II

Playing in the morning Moose tournament I got really unlucky twice. The first was going all in pre-flop with JJ and getting called by a shorter stack with AQ. He hit an ace. The second and last hand was an all-in push with AJ, called by Q10 offsuit who caught a 10. Unbelievable. The first one I can sort of understand, however it is usually better to go all in with AQ rather than call with it. The other one was just a total donk call ($900 or so).





The cash game was a wash for me despite winning the high hand with quad aces (king kicker). Two hands made the difference between a break even and a huge win day. The first one I raised pre flop with AA to $15. Pocket 5's calls. The flop is jack high with a 5. I bet 15 and am raised to 35. I call. Approximate pot size was 200 with almost 100 of my money when I failed to improve. 2 outer wins.



The second hand was more painful. A young aggressive player who was raising every pot caught his two outer on me. I called the preflop raise with A7 suited. The flop was A67 rainbow. Very nice. When he bet I check raised him to $30 (he had A10). With other callers, he calls. The turn, a 10. He bets, I raise, another player calls, he reraises and I cap it. I try to sell him on the idea that I am playing the 8/9 but he doesnt buy the idea and on the river I check raise him but he calls to win a gianormous pot. The bad part was that we got into a little verbal discussion about it. Him telling me the odds about his hand superiority preflop and me calling him lucky to catch a 2 outer (after me catching my 2 outer on the flop. Anyway, I had to stick around long enough to watch him lose all of his (my) chips as I knew he would. I called him down very light a couple of times and won, plus calling his buddy down light. They both were bluffing massively and betting strong on bottom pairs and draws.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Wow. If you want to see my donkey play that payed off, see my blog. Haven't written it yet (10:08 a.m. Wednesday), but it will be there by the end of the day. Hope to see you soon.