Friday, February 18, 2011

Is Taking a Week Off Good For Your Game?

Well, it has been a solid week of no poker for me so decided to try my luck, er I mean skill, in some sit n go tournaments this morning. Here are the results:

Tournament 1 (hold em) 1st place
Tournament 2 (omaha) 3rd place
Tournament 3 (hold em) 1st place

So, perhaps the absence has been good for my game. I played very passively or perhaps carefully in all 3 tournaments, even laying down a turned full house (the underfull) in omaha (which would have knocked a player out who had a straight). My patience in waiting for the right position and situation really did pay off despite being snapped with my 10/10 vs A/10 late in one tourney. I later repaid his lucky 3 outer with my own.

Tonight: American Legion

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Darn tootin' it is! Good job!!