Saturday, February 5, 2011

Failure at Legion

Failure came pretty early for me at the Legion tournament last night. I kept getting moved from table to table as we lost players and when we broke a table. It is difficult to establish a table image this way and also I kept getting placed with some major donks. I managed to chip up fairly well, getting to around 3x the original 2100 when I ran into trouble. I had just lost a big pot and an early position player, who I had covered by around 2000 or so went all-in. I called the 1600 quickly with my 8/8 and one of the blinds then reraised all-in which then put me in. With over 5000 in the pot already I was willing to gamble, so I called. The original raiser had a very weak hand J/8 suited and the reraiser had AK offsuit. I was dodging 9 outs of theirs with only 1 card that could improve me. Naturally the blind hit an ace and we were both knocked out. I would not have played it any other way, so not losing any sleep over it. I got all my chips in with the best hand.

No comments: