Thursday, March 17, 2011

Freerolling on Full Tilt


My latest guilty habit is freerolling tournaments on Full Tilt. Turns out that they have several each day with anywhere between 7500 and 10000 players maximum. I am thinking of doing the Chris Ferguson challenge to take my bankroll from $0 to $10,000 on the site. The key is of course winning some money in the first freeroll.

I came fairly close day before yesterday with a 153rd place finish (out of 6,056), with 45 places paid in a razz tournament. Was overachieving yesterday in holdem until I got all in with J2 (JT would be sooooo proud) in my big blind on a J/2/K flop. Called by K9 and got knocked out when runner queens came to counterfeit my two pair. Came in around 2700th out of 10,000.
The photo above is my latest win in a freeroll, 10,000 players, 250 seats awarded. I came in 241st or something like that despite it saying 1st place (all survivors got 1st). Folded every hand for a half hour, including AK and shoved once with KK. When you get down to the end tight play pays off, let the shorter stacks gamble and get knocked out. Some people just don't understand this. I also slow played a lot, waiting for the timeout to kick in before folding.


1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Wow, I thought you were never going to blog again! Sounds like you're just too busy having fun. It's too bad you got counterfeited on that J2 hand. Good job though! See ya later.