Thursday, March 24, 2011

I Am So Done With This Game

Took a horrible, dumb beat in freeroll. They were paying 250 places with a seat in Sunday tournament and there were only 376 players left, with me at a comfortable stack of around 30,000 when this hand came up. A loose player raised to my right and I had 9/9, so I called with the intention of folding unless I flopped a set, which I did.

The flop was 10 high and I bet 2/3 the pot, he called. The turn was a blank and I fired half my stack, he calls. The river is a jack, he goes all in and I call, figuring not a lot of hands beat me, just JJ, 10/10 or KQ. He has KQ. Unbelievable lucky donk play to call off most of his chips with overcards (which were drawing dead) and a gutshot. It was my bad for even playing though as I could have sat out and coasted to a tournament ticket. Dumb of me and dumb of him.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

You are NOT done with this game, you big silly. Thank goodness it was a free roll and not some big money buy-in tournament. Keep playing right. You are favored when you play right. If you get unlucky or come up against donks, so be it!