Saturday, March 19, 2011

Final Table again at Legion

One great online hand today.



Making the final table at the Legion is a fairly regular thing for me. Problem is I usually arrive with a minimum of chips and somehow survive long enough to make 5th place or so, which is what I did last night. It was worth $104.00 less my $40 buy in and a small dealer tip. Not a real profitable night for me. I got stuck early on a QQK flop and had a king with no kicker in the big blind. After a round of checks I bet small on the turn with two callers. Another small bet on the river, then a big raise from the button. I folded my king face up and said, "nice hand", he then showed the flopped boat.





Few monster hands, but a couple of double ups all in got me back. The key hand was pocket 7's which I raised preflop, all-in. I was called by the dealer, who had me covered, with AQ. The flop had a queen, the turn another queen and I called for the 7 which he miraculously brought against his own hand. The tables consolidated and I did not see him until the final table where he had already been eliminated. I rarely get that lucky.

No comments: