Monday, August 2, 2010

Ups and Downs

I have been running pretty good in tournaments lately. Got to split first with my friend Lynne on Sunday at the Moose. I got really stupid in today's tournament shoving from the small blind with 10/J offsuit into the loosest player at the table, who also had me outchipped 3/1. He wakes up with AK suited, and despite hitting a jack, he hits two aces.

Cash game not so good, stuck about $200 early (QQ vs. AA) and another one against a very weak player who happened to have KK. I had two pair, with QJ but board pairing 4's counterfeited me. Came back with a nice heater to end up stuck "only" $80 and moved to Omaha game where I made it back, only to lose it on a bad streak of 2nd best hands plus a board misread, " I have the nut low", dealer, "There is no low", me, "Oh" after I raised the winning boat out and a donk called with lower full house (I also rivered trip kings).

1 comment:

7dewey said...

Sorry I didn't make it to the Omaha before you left. I only played about 30 minutes before moving to 2-20 because the game was breaking up. I hardly ever play Omaha & was pleased to table hands that were all winners! Yippee! Maybe I'm getting the hang of it. A lady at our table made the same mistake you did when misreading the board when there was no low, so don't feel bad. Also, I wish I just gone home because I was doing really well in the 2-20 when my AK turned 2 pair only to be beaten my runner-runner straight when the guy had nothing but 3 to the straight on the flop. He admitted to me later that he was frustrated. Good reason - bah. Anyway, see you later! Keep winning.