Tuesday, August 17, 2010

bag of bad beats

Playing in a 45 person SNG I have AJ suited on the button with blinds plus 4 limpers. I raise all-in and everyone folds to the hijack who calls and the cutoff who reraises all-in and has both of us covered. Highjack calls and our cards are revealed. The big stack has 22, the other guy has QJ. The flop......Q22 for flopped quads. Turn is a queen and river a blank, we are both gone.

Playing a single table SNG on the first hand, J7 raises and I call with JK, along with several others. The flop is J/7/x and when it is checked to me I bet the pot. He goes all in and I call. Turn is a 7 and I am drawing dead. First one out.

Next SNG, I raise with 22 (note earlier successful raiser), called by SB with K/10 offsuit. He hits king on flop. But, I am not out. Next I raise all in with AQ and am called by KJ suited. He hits the flush (I also have his ace in his suit, so one more spade he loses). Very short stacked I push with QJ suited and am called by 10/5 in big blind. He hits his 10 and I am gone. Punished by the donks.

I go all in with KK, am called by 44 and a donkey overcall of our two all-ins by A/10 offsuit. He makes runner runner straight (which means that I hit set of kings).

I have KK in big blind, donk in small blind raises all in with K/10. Flop is 9/J/Q. Gone.

Raise by K/10 offsuit, I call with QJ suited. Short stack calls with suited weak ace of spades. Flop is QJ10 with two spades. I bet big, both of them call with their straight and flush draws. Turn is a 9 of spades, completing both of their hands. River is a blank, Short stack triples up, bigger stack takes the side pot, I am gone.

I push all in with JJ, am called by A/4 offsuit with a shorter stack, and Q/5 offsuit with a bigger stack. Flop has an ace, river queen, I am out.

No comments: