Friday, August 6, 2010

Profitable Week in Pasco

My goal when I make my monthly trip to the Tri-Cities is to pay all my expenses. I made my goal this month starting with a tournament chop on Sunday morning, small loss on Monday, good win on Wednesday. I bubbled one tournament with a total donk move. I was the short stack with about 3600 after tripling up. I was in the small blind with folds around to me. I had 10/J offsuit and the big blind was 2nd in chips, a very loose ATC player. With blinds at 300/600 I decided that the hand was too strong to fold and a small raise left me fairly pot committed, so I decided to shove. Bad timing. BB wakes up with AK suited, and despite hitting a jack, he hits two aces. Your thoughts?? There was probably a better spot for my money, but I did have two live cards and 10/J plays very well against a large range of hands.

Last night was my online night to crack aces. Did it twice in a single table sitngo with K7 and KQ, hit two pair on one and a four card flush on the board with the other. Should never complain about other players drawing out or getting lucky again. NOT!!! By the way, won that SNG and also final tabled another big tournament. Lost a coin flip 99 vs AK on the river or I would have been chip leader ( was 3rd at the time) and coasted to the win. Left me as a short stack and went all in with Q/10 in multiplayer all in situation. Ended up 9th.

Had a nightmare flop at the Moose morning tournament. I raised on the button with KQ offsuit, I am called by AK and AQ. Flop is queen high and checked to me, I am all-in drawing dead. Sheesh.

1 comment:

7dewey said...

I like J-10 also, but I think you could have waited because you had another round of the table to go before putting in blinds again and probably would have seen at least a big ace somewhere. Oh well.