Saturday, August 7, 2010

Royal Flush in Tournament

Playing an online tournament today hit a royal flush. I was short stacked playing A/3 of clubs against a small raise when the flop hit 10/J/Q of clubs. Nice to flop the nut flush. An aggressive better with a queen bet into me for 1/2 my chips. Call. Turn is K of clubs for the royal. Bet to put me all in. Call. Nice Hand Sir!!!! This was a 325 plus person guarantee on UB, ended up in 6th place for 15x my buy in!!! I really should have done better, but tightened up too much in order to rise in the money. Laid down pocket jacks to ensure survival to final table as payouts dramatically increased.

Placed first in single table SNG stud hi/low today. I really like stud, but it takes a while to get used to playing it when you are used to omaha and hold em. The hi low is a killer game due to the jamming effect of the single possible low hand with 2 questionable high hands. Would rather have a low than a high in that game.

No comments: