Friday, August 20, 2010

Donk Table at The Legion






Tonight was evidently donk night at the American Legion. The first hand dealt the player who chopped first with me last week was knocked out. She raised preflop with JJ and was called with 7/9 suited. The flop was jack high with two of his suit. She bet big, he reraised all in and hit his flush on the turn.

The third hand of the tournament I raised UTG with KK and was called with 6/4. The flop contained a 6, I bet he called. Turn blank, I bet big (600) and he called. The river.....a 4, I bet he called. I am now down to 1/2 my starting chips. The same player almost knocked a player out with 6/4 with a set of 3's flopping and him hitting his straight on the turn. Sick-O.

I ended my tournament by missing a big flush draw in a giant pot, then going all in with KQ suited and was called by the donk in big blind who loves 6/4, with his 2/4 and the other donk with A/7 offsuit!!! The donk #1 hit a 4 on the flop and I failed to improve. They both had me beat.
Playing online later tonight I came close in a couple of tournaments, finally winning a single table SNG and coming in 4th in a 45 person SNG. Think I about broke even.

Here are some interesting hands I captured during my play tonight....
The first one is just dumb luck on my part. I flopped two pair with my Q9 and my opponent flopped the straight with his J/10. I then went runners for the kings full.

The second one I raised preflop with my suited J/10 and was called by the weak ace. As you can see I ended up with quads. Sweet.

The last one is a suck resuck situation where my opponent flopped a straight and I flopped a set of 5's. We both ended up all in and I hit my quads.















No comments: