Thursday, October 1, 2015

Why I Write This Blog




For starters I just plain love to write.  As an English Language and Literature student back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, I really wanted a career involving writing.  I was on the high school newspaper and yearbook staff, began college as a journalism major, and was involved with the college poetry publication.

Paths lead to other paths and I ended up being a sales manager, a small business owner several times over, a retail executive, a marketing manager, and now a poker degenerate.  So, my writing and my poker have now converged.  I ran on to a great quote from the foreward in a poker book.  It explains, I think, why I like to analyze my play and share my experiences.

 "The sage never tries to store things up.
The more he does for others, the more he has.
The more he gives to others, the greater his abundance."
               Chapter 81 Tao Te Ching

So, you see that I am doing this for myself but hopefully in a spirit of giving.

3 comments:

7 Dewey said...

Well, I for one certainly appreciate it. You are one of the best players I've ever come across and I hope to keep reading your blog and learning from it for many years to come. :)

Anonymous said...

Phil I love reading your blog and your writing style. Keep it up please.

rock

Phil said...

You are both toooooo kind!!!