Saturday, October 24, 2015

Respect The Hat

Got some catching up to do, blogwise.  After spending 3 fun-filled days in Vegas and having family visiting all this week, I am seriously behind in blogging.  I would try to consolidate all my Vegas adventures into one easy reading, but think maybe dividing into chunks is the way to go.  I would like to start with my 2nd tournament played.  Don and I were looking for a great tourney and had narrowed it down to the Aria and the Wynn.  The Aria was more "affordable" at $150 buy-in, while the Wynn was playing a huge guarantee with a $300 buy-in.  We opted for the Aria, deepstack with long blind levels (30 minutes).  Don got snapped early with his set of aces cracked by a flush and I played alone for the next 5 hours.  There were around 100 entries and I finally busted out around 30th place.  As a short stack in the big blind, the small blind pressured my by putting me all in....thanks buddy, I have 8/8 vs. your J/9.  He hit a jack on the flop and I was done.

Earlier, I had flopped a set of 7's vs. AK on an ace high flop.  Nice.  He called my flop bet, then wised up on the turn when I bet large.  His comment, "I have to respect the hat".  The phrase has stuck in my head.


More blogs to come soon. 

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Indiana Hall! Gotta love it - and respect it. He made a pretty big laydown there.