Saturday, May 2, 2015

Sometimes I Suck (out)

My stories are usually filled with bad beats suffered.  Trying to become more aware of when I hand them out rather than receive them.  Here are a couple of recent ones:

Raised with J/J, 2 callers
Flop is A/10/x with 2 hearts
Turn is a queen, check, check, bet, call
River is king.  Bet, raise all-in, folds.
I was toast until the river.

Raised with KJ, flop is 8/K/x
We get them all-in, he turns over 8/8 for flopped set
Turn is a jack, river is a jack for my overfull boat.

One of the more interesting bad beats was last night at the American Legion.  On the final table the big stack raises large with A/3 of spades on the button, short stack in big blind defends re-raising all-in with A/8 off.  Flop is 3 spades with the 8 of spades (x/x/8) for the nut flush.  Turn is an ace, river is an 8 for a full house and what would remain as the high hand for the night worth an additional $48. The two players involved ended up chopping 1st and 2nd places.

I ended up in 5th place, worth $64, despite entering the final table with a good stack.  Just went card dead and two shoves got no callers.  My next to final hand was my shove from the small blind vs. the big blind.  The two previous hands had both folded their small blinds with the BB showing crap as well.  My hand was J/10 with the worst possible match-up, J/J.  I had him covered barely, so my next big blind was all-in with A/8 suited.  Two callers, one with j or q /8 caught a straight on the river as they checked it all the way.  Hate it when that happens.     

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Any time you make money is a good time right?

I had a suck out and a bad beat on Sunday. JT actually gave me running spades when I was all-in with AJ of spades against two other players, both of whom had me covered. Phew!

Then on my last hand JT did me in as well. I had the best hand with JJ and was up against AJ and the flop was AAJ. Sheesh. At least I took 3rd place so I wasn't totally bummed.