Thursday, May 28, 2015

Dealing, Nemesis, Observations

So now I have become one of the regular dealers in Wheeler.  I was tired yesterday and definitely did not want to deal.  Mike came to me minutes before the tournament started and asked if I would deal, my choice of tables.  I agreed to deal table 3 as only 24 players and surely a very short job as we would consolidate at 18.  Can you believe that nobody busted out before the first break?  Unreal. And then when we did break, the dealer on 2 was busted so I was asked to take over.  Oh, great.  Well, at least the tips will be better.  I made the final table but was knocked out by one of my nemesis players 2 from the money.

Here is how my always lucky nemesis rolls.  I am down to 2 blinds @ 200/400 on the button, he is in the small blind.  I have AK and elect to limp in, hoping for a big raise from either the small or big blind and knowing that my min-raise will accomplish nothing except for creating a larger pot.  They complete and check.  The flop is 9 high with 2 clubs, I have the king of clubs.  The small blind, donk that he is, bets big and it is folded around to me.  I consider, and call with my last chips figuring that my 2 overcards are good.  He tables A/3 of spades.  No pair, no draw and dominated.  Excellent. Then of course he hits his 3 outer on the turn and I am gone.  Nice play....perfect play to get me back into the game.

Observations:

1.  When you are running good you get lots of great starting hands
2.  When you are running good the flops hit you.
3.  When you are running good your draws come in.
4.  When you are running good almost any two cards will work.
5.  When you are running BAD, none of the above.

During this tournament I had only 2 pairs, 5/5 (hit set, small pot), and 7/7, lost.  As I recall, only 4 aces, AK twice (won one with shove, last one eliminated me), AQ once, and A/7.  It is really tough to get deep in a tournament with these hands.  




1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Blah! Sounds like my cash game. I just couldn't win no matter what I did last Saturday. I got out while the getting was good. I hate running bad. I think I might give up the cash game entirely unless you are visiting LOL.