Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Wheeler



Well, it has been a long time since I have played at the Tsunami Bar & Grill game in Wheeler, Or.  As I may or may not have posted before, it is similar to our Friday night Legion game.  Same buy-in ($40), same players, similar structure.  I am on my own this week as my lovely wife is grandkid sitting in Portland this week.  I have several tasks to complete, including sanding all of my kitchen cabinets, car in for service, cleaning house, etc.  Leaving on Sunday for my trip to Maui.  I am prepared with new swim trunks, swimming shirt (sunblock protection material), reef walkers, and a new Kindle with built in cameras (all the better to blog you with).  Will add some photos from the beach!  My only real downer about the trip is the sad news this week about an old friend drowning in Maui while snorkeling on the same beach I am going to.  Here is a link about the death.

http://www.nbcrightnow.com/story/27147889/dick-sanders-is-remembered-by-our-community




Dick Sanders was a good friend, going back to the 70's.  He was the assistant pastor at our church and a great guy who "walked the walked" as an inspiration to all of us.  I had not seen him for a few years, but when we bumped into each other at the Dairy Queen a couple of years ago, it was as if only yesterday, not the 18 years or so since I had seen him last.


2 comments:

7 Dewey said...

I'm very sorry about your friend's passing. I read the article & he seemed like a great guy.

Nonetheless, I sure hope you & the family have a great time in Maui. I am supremely jealous and looking forward to gorgeous photos.

Be careful!! I'm sure you know that you should never turn your back on the ocean.

7 Dewey said...

P.S. - I seem to recall that the last time you went to Wheeler you decided you would never go again. I think it had something to do with the drive, but maybe a bad beat was involved. You didn't say how this time turned out!