Thursday, October 30, 2014

Wheeler. Who's your daddy?

O.K., yes I said I was not planning to play there again.  But, decided to risk the bad beats and bad drive to play.  It turned out to be a good decision as I practically owned the game!  There were only 2 tables, 14 players @ $40 buy-in, so only 2 places plus the bubble were going to be paid.  I got on fire early, knocking 3 players off my table, then another on the final table.  Ace/4 shoves with a short stack?  No problem, got this covered with my A/A.  Flush draw calls my preflop bet with 9/9.  No problem, flop a set, turn a boat.  Having knocked both dealers out, I agreed to deal when 5 handed.  Dealt myself KK, AK, AJ, AJ in short order.  We got down to 4 players (I knocked the 5th out too as I remember) and I went card dead.  A short stack got hot and blinds went up to 300/600.  As we started out with only 1100 in chips and at that point we all had at most 5 or 6 big blinds and fairly equal stacks, I suggested that we chop 4 ways.  Done deal, $140 each.  Not a big payday after buy-in and dealer tip, but had fun on my night out and really felt that I had played well and definitely getting great cards. 

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I'm glad you did better this time. All those hands you dealt yourself were pretty good. Sure you weren't dealing off the bottom? LOL.