Saturday, October 11, 2014

Double Bubble Toil & Trouble

Bubble trouble this week.  Played 3 tournaments and cashed only once for $70 (4th place).  With any luck....and some stupid calls that would have turned out genius, could have won all 3.  Starting with the Moose Wed. a.m., went out 8th on a shove with 7/7, earlier had folded my 7/7 to a bet and re-raise.  On that hand flopped a 7 and turned quads.  This hand, with 5 big blinds, was called in 2 places, with the big blind having AA.  Oops, 2 players down.

My other tournament, we are down to 5 players, I shove 6500 (blinds at 1/2000) with the small blind all in for 1000.  The big blind is hyper aggressive and the chip leader, calls with 4/5 suited.  The small blind has J/9.  I have AK.  A five hits on the flop, a 9 on the river, the short stack takes the main pot and I am out.

Today's tournament we are  down to 4 players.  I have 2,000 in the small blind with Q/5 while the big blind (10/4) has only 3000 with blinds @ 2/4000.  The giant stack on the button elects to call with 8/2 off.  The flop hits both of them, 2/10/x.  The turn, Hallelujah, is the queen.  then the river is another 2 knocking us both out.  Because she had one more chip....I get 4th for $70, she gets $100.

No comments: