Saturday, August 24, 2013

So This is What Running Good Looks Like. King of the Legion.





Finally, running very good at the American Legion.  As usual, I am dealing table 2 to cut my expenses with the dealer tip fund.  I am distracted, not playing as well as I could as evidenced by my brain fog on one hand.  I raise pre-flop with K/K and am called by K/10 (can you tell he might be in some trouble?).  The flop is K/8/8 and the player leads fairly large into me.  I count my chips, I have him covered and figure he is pot committed so I re-raise all-in which he insta-calls.  I figure him for an 8 and am very happy to see his hand.  The turn is another 8, and the river a blank.  I get all pissed off and start chopping the pot when another player points out that I have the overfull.  Duh!  Never would have had that brain fart if I was not dealing.  Player down.

All told, had pocket kings three times last night, winning all three, and knocking another player out on the final table with my K/K vs Q/Q.  Ended up with a three way split of $225 each and the best part, my $20 tip at the end came back to me as my dealer tip!!!  Ended up knocking 3 players out, 2 on the final table and had 2nd most chips after being the short stack at the start of the FT.  Had AK several times and several pocket pairs.  Makes a huge difference when your great hands hold up and you are actually getting some good starting hands.


2 comments:

7 Dewey said...

That's great & about time too since you've had such bad luck in that tournament. It's funny that your photo was 2 red kings. I played the cash game at the Moose for a couple of hours last night and I must have seen 30 pocket pairs and never hit one set and the only pair I could win with was red kings - twice. Weird. Hope to see you soon.

7 Dewey said...

Did you read my blog entitled "The Perfect Storm"? I'm still playing on that money. Just wanted to make you jealous - LOL.