Friday, April 12, 2013

Poker Songs

One of the chapters in my poker book is:  Songs to listen to on your Ipod while playing poker.  In thinking about this, I have several:

1.  Pokerface, Lady Gaga
2.  The Gambler, Kenny Rogers
3.  Lilly, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts, Bob Dylan
4.  Las Vegas Turnaround, Hall & Oates




There are more, which I will add to this post later, just wanted to get started.  I could not find Dylan performing Lilly....or Joan Baez (the best cover in my humble opinion}, so here is another cover if you are not familiar with this song.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Joan Baez definitely does the best cover of Lily, Rosemary & the Jack of Hearts. Awesome song. Bob Seger does a lot of gambling songs, although they don't specifically mention poker to my knowledge. I'm thinking of "Fire Lake" - "Who wants to play those eights and aces?" etc., and "You're Still the One" - "never play the game to long" - ha! Also, "Rambling, Gambling Man". Fun stuff.