Wednesday, April 3, 2013

O.K. So Here is More






I have not been playing much live poker for the past two weeks, so really nothing to report.  My family reunion in San Diego was awesome, so great to see all the relatives.  We stayed at the (Lawrence) Welk Resort in Escondido.  Very nice condos with several pools, tennis, golf, etc.  Mostly I just used the hot tub.  Our return flight on Monday was uneventful until we got to Sacramento.  They announced that the flight was overbooked and were looking for a volunteer to be bumped.  The initial offer was a later flight to Las Vegas, overnight accomodations with a connection to Portland the next morning.  But wait, there's more.  Also reimbursement for your ticket ($119.80 in my case) plus a $300 travel voucher good for a year.  You may ask, why I did not jump all over that like shrimp at a buffet?  Simple, I had the keys to my son-in-law's car in my pocket.  I was to get to PDX first, take the Max train where the car was parked, then pick the crew up at the airport later that night.  Darn.  Then, they offered a flight to Phoenix with a connection to PDX getting in at 12:40 that night.  Still a problem for me, but Helene was game, so off she went.  Planning to use the tickets to go to Vegas sometime or she will use to visit her sister in NY.  Life is good.

Played last night for several hours, winning $150 in the cash game.  Playing squeaky tight had aces three times, kings once, and queens twice, winning every pot.....small due to my large preflop raises, but would rather win a small pot with them than lose a big one.

Played a.m. Moose today, finished in 5th place:  pocket 10's taken down by A/9 who called my re-raise all-in.    

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

That looks like a very nice place to stay and I'm glad you all had a good time. I just knew there was some reason you hadn't written anything! I will be at the Moose sometime this weekend (most likely Saturday morning for breakfast about 9:15) if you still want to give me Pendleton tournament funding. You know I've only cashed in Pendleton once right? Of course, it was when playing with other people's money - LOL. See you later.