Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Hosed


Dontcha just hate it when you get hosed late in a tournament.  This was an intriguing online tourney that paid only one place, but it was for a live TV event paying $300,000.  Wow.  With a starting field of 1561 players, my hopes were pretty low.  After 3 1/2 hours still in it with about $65000 in chips.....notice chip leader at 373 K.  Definitely time to gamble with huge blinds and antes.  I had about 9 big blinds.   Anyway, shoved with A/Q and called by A/3 unsuited.  He hit his 3 and I was gone.

4 comments:

7 Dewey said...

Cheese & rice (my way of saying "Jesus Christ"). I sure hope I don't run into an A-3 call when/if I get shortstacked. Gak. It would be really fun to win some money!! I get more nervous by the minute. I see there were 1561 starting players - what place did you go out in?

Phil said...

Went out in 193rd place.

Phil said...

But was about 80th when I got knocked out.

Phil said...

But was about 80th when I got knocked out.