Monday, April 29, 2013

Catching up on the Weekend

Pretty uneventful weekend, dealt Friday night at Legion, knocked out on the final table bubble (10th place).  Could not win a race.....10/10 (me) vs. A/Q, then all-in BB with Q/3....board was 4/5/6/7/x and was knocked out by 8/10...same player who took most of my chips with AQ.  At least I got $22 back for dealing.

Was wildly optimistic after getting my 5th royal flush online earlier in the day.  Just goes to show you that cards can turn on you.

Drove to Portland Sunday for an afternoon with daughter & grandkids.  Nice to see them, but a lot of driving for a few hours visit.  Stopped at Trader Joe's, my favorite grocery store, to shop for some gluten-free products.  After reading an article in Prevention magazine decided that gluten may be part of my problem since I had nearly all of the symptoms they listed.  If nothing else, see myself losing some weight by giving up virtually all the foods I love.

Only 2 weeks till Vegas.  Countdown begins.


Problem you haven't had since the '90's




1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I had a boring poker weekend too. Got money back ($30) Saturday & made final table Sunday, but went out 2 before money - GAK!

Gluten phooey. A - you don't need to lose weight as far as I can tell & B - giving up food we love is a recipe for disaster. Baby steps.

See you in a couple of weeks.