Thursday, April 4, 2013

How to Lose $400

Losing session last night.  Here is a brief recap:

1.  Raised straddler with K/Q.  He calls (naturally). Flop is K/5/5.  He has 5/2 offsuit.  $80 loss.

2.  Raised with J/J.  One caller (Thuy).  Flop is A/x/x.  I bet $20, she calls.  Check/Check, she has pocket Queens.  $50 loss.

3.  Loose raiser, I call with A/J.  Flop is A/x/x.  He has A/A.  I lose $80.

4.  Playing A/Q of diamonds, player goes all in for $20 on flop of J/10/7 all diamonds.  Frost calls with J/7 offsuit.  I raise $20, he calls.  Turn is a 7.  $60 loss.

While this is "only" $270 of my loss, you get the idea.  Consistently running into either bigger hands, draws that came in, or draws of mine that didn't.  In the meantime, quads hit a couple of times, king high straight flush, etc. by the other players.

There is no worse game than the loose aggressive one played late night at the Moose.  People will call raises with jack shit and raise with garbage.  Add to that 7 people on every flop and it is disaster.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Icky poo! That's all I have to say about that. Sounds like the stuff that usually happens to me too. I feel your pain.