Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Welcome to Prison




Some poker sessions leave you feeling like the young fresh faced boy's 1st week in prison with Bubba as a cellmate.  Last night was one of those nights.  I was totally owned by one player who coincidentally was the one who knocked me out of Sunday's tournament.  He was playing aggressively, raising on the button perhaps 8 out of 10 times.  This hand came up with me as a short stack of about $60:

Un-raised pot, I limped with Q/J of diamonds.  Flop was 8/9/10,  two clubs and one spade.  I bet $20 to protect my hand, my nightmare raises with 8/9, one card being a club.  I then re-raised for the rest of my chips.  He claimed to be trying to "protect" my hand.  Right!  So, the dealer proceeds to turn and river two small clubs to give him the flush.  Nice work.

Next notable hand:

 A multi-way pot, playing 6/6.  Flop is Q/5/6, two diamonds (the 5/6).  I bet $20, my nemesis calls, another player calls, Frosty raises to $34 all in, I re-raise to $54.  Nemesis calls, the other player folds and we are heads up on the side.  Turn is a brick, I bet $20, he calls.  River, I go all-in before the card is dealt and it is an off-suit 8.  The luckbox turns over 7/9 of diamonds for the straight.  He said he stayed in for the gutshot straight flush draw.  Good luck on that one outer stuff.  Per my poker odds calculator I am 65% to win on the flop, 77% on the turn.  It pays to be rucky.  I leave, disgusted, stuck $270 and my ass hurts.  The two pots I lost to him totaled over $400.

And....another favorite song....




1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Well that's a pretty crappy way to end your visit to the Fried Cities. Poop.

On the bright side - you have great choices in music sir. I could listen to Stevie Nicks' voice all day I swear. I named by youngest (Sara Rhiannon) after 2 Fleetwood Mac songs. Just call me an old hippie.

See you in a couple of weeks. Hope you do well at the American Legion!