Monday, March 11, 2013

Are We Ever Going To Chop...Sheesh!




I thought that I was playing pretty well this weekend.  The Sunday morning tournament had about 28 players, I finished 10th (final table!), when I lost my race AK vs. opponent's 9/9.  This tournament was a warm up for me for the 5:00 final of the $5000 freeroll.  With 18 players, we whittled it down to 12 when a suggestion was made that we each take $417 on a 12 way chop.  Eleven players agreed, but one who had a healthy stack did not want to make a deal.  So, we played for a while, he lost a good chunk of his stack and it was his turn to suggest the chop.  One of the players on my table objected (he was just being an ass) because the other guy didn't want to do it and suddenly he had a bigger stack.  Jeesh!!!  Finally, he loses a big hand and now he wants to deal.  Funny how a reversal of fortunes works.  Happily, the big stack went for it and we did our chop.  Never had that happen before.  We are all pretty lucky that someone didn't get all bent out of shape and refuse any deal.  We all got better than 5th place money so I was happy.

My most amazing hand of the day:  Late position (Mundo), raises with pocket 4's, I re-raise in big blind with 5/5.  He calls.  Flop is A/5/4, set over set flop.  We could not get our chips in fast enough.  The turn card destroyed Mundo's one outer dreams, it was another 5 for my turned quads.  That double up was critical for me in the game.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

There were actually 2 players at our table who didn't want to chop so it wasn't all just poor Mike. Steve (in the 1 seat) was a very healthy chip leader & very quietly ignored all chop requests for awhile. He's the one who finally gave in at our table and then Jorge had to be an ass. Isn't poker fun?