Sunday, March 17, 2013

Weekend Update

Friday night was a very long poker session, about 7 hours with an $18 profit.  Not too good an hourly rate.  I lost a $260 pot on the river when I flopped a full house with pocket 10's on a 6/6/10 flop.  River was a jack which improved a player's pocket jacks to a bigger full house.  Saturday morning turned out very well at the 8:00 tournament with no bad beats, winning every race.  Chopped 1st & 2nd for a $170 win.

Sunday morning tournament was pretty bad for me.  Began early by bumping my kings into aces.  Lost about 30% of my starting chips.  Next I flopped a straight to be beaten on the river by a flush.  Next I chased a double gutter and missed.  Last hand, I flopped top pair (flop was J/10/6) with 2 clubs (I had K/J, no clubs).  The whole world was in the pot and calling an early position bettor who had 6/5 of diamonds.  That's right, he was betting into a crowd with bottom pair.  With the world calling and not enough chips to shove and get folds, I just called.  Turn was another 6, he bet big and everyone but me folded.  I re-raised a few chips and he called, of course.  Player down.  Very unusual tournament for me, 3rd player out on my table and did not win a single hand.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Yeah, that was pretty crappy. I felt sorry for you. Having your KK run into AA was terrible & it went downhill from there. The good news is that the next tournament just has to be better - right? Talk to you in a couple of weeks. Good luck at the tables!