Sunday, December 9, 2012

Idiot!!!!

O.K., so I am on a major "cooler", as opposed to a "heater".  I can accept that fact.  But what I cannot accept is that I am a certifiable imbecile.  Playing in the Steve Stark tournament this afternoon I was on cruise control.  Getting some decent cards, playing them pretty well, chipping up.  Reaching the final table with a great chip stack, we got down to 5 players, 2 with short stacks, and two bigger stacks than mine.  Then, this hand came up.

Under the gun, with blinds at 1,000/2000, I limp with K/10.  The small blind completes, the big blind, the chip leader, checks.  The flop is J//8/x, with 2 diamonds.  It is checked to me, and I bet 2000.  Small blind, 2nd chip leader calls.  The turn is a 10, and for some unexplainable reason I believe that I now have a straight.  When is is checked to me, I go all in.  The opponent quickly calls after looking at the board for a minute.

She tables the Q/9 for the straight and I am looking for a queen on the river for the king high straight.  Nope, I am gone in 5th place instead of cruising into the money (paid 3 places).  Idiot!!!!  

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Oh, that's terrible! If it makes you feel any better, which I'm sure it won't - I once proudly turned over my handing thinking I had a straight & my cards didn't even have anything to do with whatever was on the board - I had it in my head that I had J-10 which is the hand I had been playing the hand before that!!! Now, that's stupid!