Friday, December 14, 2012

Close, but no cigar

Playing this morning in the Moose tournament started really well, winning 3 of the first 4 hands dealt.  Chipped up nicely, knocking two players out when I was dealt back to back aces.  Also got lucky against a weak ace who called my BB raise with KK when he spiked an ace, but I runnered a straight.

Final table, bad early seat draw and average chip stack.  Because there were tons of alternates, the blinds were big on the FT, starting at 500/1000.  With only 3,000 and blinds at 1/2000 and in the big blind, I have A/8 suited.  Another player, on the button, shoves his last 3000 with A/5 offsuit.  The big stack at the table calls with A/3 and we are 3 way all-in.  The A/5 catches a 5 on the river and I am out in 7th place.  Really bad luck as there was a 7 on the flop with 2 big cards, and my kicker plays if small cards and/or an ace hits, otherwise we are looking at chop chop 3 ways.

Anyway, too bad cause with as many players in the tourney, they would have paid at least 4 places, so just missed the money.

No comments: