Thursday, March 15, 2012

Soft Table, Latif Continues to Haunt Me

Playing on a super soft table yesterday (think Las Vegas tourists) with 5 players I have never seen before, one couple who obviously are playing for maybe their second time I feel like this may be my big score for the week. I river a flush for a big pot, win a couple of others and am up about $150 quickly. Then, with Latif in a pot with 10/3 offsuit!!!, and me with a big 10, the flop comes 10/3/x. Latif bets small, I flat call. The turn brings another 10, he checks, I bet $15, he raises 20. I call. River does not improve me, and I lose another $20. Nice hand, Sir!

Later, JJ also wins a huge pot with 10/3 offsuit (played in middle position against a raise and a caller. Raiser had JJ, caller QQ). Flop is 3/3/10. Sick game, and what was really bad was that the "tourist lady" had the queens and she failed to re-raise the original bettor which would have made him muck his hand, at least I think he would have.

So,now I run into my second cooler, calling a preflop raise with my AQ suited. The flop is queen high and I bet $15 which is snap called. I plan on check calling unless I improve on the turn, which I do when an ace comes. I bet $20, and again a snap call. I check the river and he bets $20, which I snap call and see his pocket queens!

So, after a couple of hours of play on the softest table I have seen in months, I net a $4.00 profit (well, only $1.00 if you count the tip I gave my dinner server). I plan on giving Latif a wide berth for a while and try to avoid coolers as I have definitely been over-served on those!!!

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Great googly moogly. You have certainly had a bad run of luck in the cash games. (Latif is really hard to figure out sometimes.) I thought you were going to do only tournaments for a while?