Saturday, March 3, 2012

Roller Coaster Rides Make You Scream & Puke




What a ride this week. Up, up, then way down, slightly up, down again. Roller coaster? Of course not, poker. After posting a few great days (up $200 & $400 & $135) I came crashing down to earth with a numbing $500 loss. Then, next day a miniscule $12 profit and yesterday an $88 loss. I like to consider yesterday a good day however as I was stuck almost $400 before clawing my way back. It was a day that started out getting great starting cards that lost huge pots. Then, when almost all was lost I got frisky and began chasing longshots. My big pot came when I hit trip 8's (I was playing 5/8 sooooooted in a raised and reraised preflop pot for goshsakes!) on the river. I then sucked out a couple more. Bob Pischel commented (he never says anything) "Phil, you have lost the right to complain about bad beats for 3 years". Ha! Ha!

I will have to admit that a lot of my loss came as a result of both tilt and failed bluffs (remember about bluffing the calling station). I got my aces snapped by 6/9 offsuit, and yes I raised $12 preflop so decided to try a total bluff by raising with the same hand...got reraised by.....ACES! Of course the flop missed me entirely.

Today planning to play in the deepstack at Jokers. Hoping for the best as have not played any tournaments this week.

Hand of the week was: 10 high straight flush. Flopped the straight with an open ended str. flush draw, hit it on the river. Another player raising I reraised and drove out the "nut ace" flush draw. My bad but still a big pot.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Don't you love roller coasters? LOL. Not a big fan myself. This was the one week I decide to play live instead of going to Jokers so I hope you did well.