Friday, March 30, 2012

How Do They Do It? 2 Opponents hit same 3 outer (which means they hit a two outer).

Playing for the first time in a week at the American Legion tournament we had just consolidated to 2 tables when this hand came up. I was under the gun with AK suited (spades). Blinds at 100/200 I raised to 600 with 3600 behind. Two players called, one in early position, and the big blind. The flop was A/Q/10 with two clubs. I bet 1000 and the early position player pushed for 3200. The big blind then called for all of his chips with 3100. I went into the tank and tried to figure my pot odds. I put the first player on A/Q, and the other caller for at least A/10 or K/J. With the pot at 7200, with a 2200 call and having both of them covered (by 400) I figured I had 7 outs twice, for decent odds on better than a 3/1 call. I finally said what the heck, a chance to triple up and knock two players out, I call. They both turn over A/Q!!! What a crazy catch of a two outer! I of course miss and am shortstacked with an all in next hand (6/8 off). The next flop is K/K/7 and I am gone. Would have been a nice flop the hand before.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

That's terrible luck. It's bad enough that one player would do that, but TWO? Unbelievable.

Thanks for your very good comments on my A-A under the gun fiasco. I was getting proper odds & really didn't think I was beat. Oh, well. I'm off to read your next post about draws.