Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Donks & Dealers

Sometimes there are forces out there working against you. Last night I took a bad beat my very first hand and never really recovered. Usually my beats occur when someone is playing a hand that really should have been in the muck preflop.

First Hand:
I limp with A/3 suited. Flop is A/4/5. Great flop with top pair and gutshot. I bet, to see where I am, and Latif calls. Turn is another ace, I bet and Latif raises. I call, hoping for a 3 or pairing the board. River is a blank, I call "La Thief's" bet and he turns over set of 5's!! Thank you Mr. Dealer for missing my 7 outer.

Here is an example of screwed by dealer: Latif on my left is confused and thinks it is his big blind so he puts out a $5 chip. The dealer being oh so helpful asks if he is straddling as he is UTG with me as big blind. He says "no", takes it back, then puts it back out. He has 9/3 offsuit. In the bb, I see 7/10 suited and with a couple of callers also call the added $2. Latif checks. The flop is 9/9/7 and Latif throws out a $7 bet. I call after everyone else folds, believing that he would not bet trips. The turn is a 7 and he bets $15, I call. The river is a blank, he bets $20, call with my underful. Thank you Mr. Dealer for talking him into playing the straddle.

Next day: $25 morning tournament. Kelly shows up fashionably late (just one hand before he would have been unable to enter tournament). Wins his first hand when checked into a flush. He then doubles up when he hits 2 pair against a nut straight then rivers the boat.

A few hands later, he raises my $50 BB A/10 suited to $275 with Q/5 suited!!! There are 2 other callers. The flop comes A/Q/8 with 2 spades (not his suite) and I lead out $300, he calls. The turn? Glad you asked, another queen. I go all in and am gone. Thanks Mr. Dealer for bringing his 5 outer home. I take my name off the waiting list for the live game and leave.

No comments: