Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Full Tilt Ceases Operation

The breaking news today is that Full Tilt poker has ceased operations.  Great, I have my freeroll money tied up there, lucky for me it is only about $12.00.    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303763404576416202706602490.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Thinking back again about last Friday, I am still thinking it was an o.k. decision, just got very unlucky with her set flop.  The blinds were going up in a few minutes to 100/200 leaving me with just 5 big blinds.  That calls for gambling, thus with my pair, gutshot, and overcard it was correct for me to go all in.

Heard a funny word today, "limpede", like when you limp in early with your small pocket pair hoping to start a bunch of limping to give you the correct, 7.5 odds for your set draw.

A funny quote from Mike Caro, "Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker.  The trick is just to skip your turn".

Playing with play chips online is really dumb.  I don't care anymore if I win or lose, and everyone plays like a jackass.  I sat out when in 8th position for an hour with 100 players and came back into the game with only 12 remaining, and in 11th place.  Got 5th place when I was knocked out with top pair called by bottom pair who tripped up on the river.  Dumb game.

No comments: