Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Stupidest Player at the Table? Me, By a Long Shot.

Stuck about a hundred, there are 15 minutes remaining until the $100 high hand is awarded.  I am in the unraised big blind with K/2 offsuit.  The flop?  KKK.  Like an idiot, I check.  The turn, 3, now counterfeited for high hand (both cards must play).  Duh.  Worst part.....the mockery and laughter that ensued.

There are lessons to be learned here.  First, think each hand through.  Even if it takes a moment.  What possible action would I ever get on that board.  Even pocket aces would only check call, someone calling bs on me would pay a maximum of $80 for $20 calls to river, less than the high hand money.  Second lesson, quit playing when you are dopey tired, which I was due to lack of sleep the night before.

End of day report.  Stuck $150 due to dumbness plus some major bad beats (K/3/4 flop...me in BB with K/3, losing to K/4 suited donkey) (flopped straight with $10 bet, i raise to $30, Miguel calls with flush draw that delivers).

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Oh, geez, that's just awful, but do I get to laugh at you now like you laughed at me for playing my kings so badly that one time?? Ha! Sorry you didn't get the high hand money though. By the way, I WILL NOT play when I start yawning a lot because I know I am in for bad stuff. Playing tired is just for the birds. Hope you have better luck next time and remember to bet with KKKK and a deuce - LOL