Sunday, June 5, 2011

King Jack is My Nemesis

This is getting ridiculous.  I either lose to king jack or lose with king jack.  Friday night at the American Legion I was a major luckbox.  Example 1:  I limp on the button with K10 suited with 3 limpers.  Flop is K/6/6 and someone bets, I raise, he pushes all in (has me covered) I call....like a donkey.  He reveals, pocket aces.  Rut Row.  Turn, brick, river king!  I not only win, but my hand is now the high hand of the night with kings full.  It stands until the final table.

Example 2:  A loose and really bad player raises all in, I call with A/10 having him covered.  He has KK.  The flop is small, runner runner wheel for me.  Luckbox!!!!!

Finally, my luck runs out.  We are 4 handed at the final table having knocked out #5 who was a very sick older player just wanting to go home...and donking off chips to everyone but me.  At the break with blinds at 1000/2000 I am second in chips with 18000.  I suggest a chop of  2/3/4 place and give 1st to the overwhelming chip leader.  The other two players with only around 10 and 8,000 do not agree.  I have a bad feeling as I also want to end things and claim the high hand money ($70).  A chop would give everyone better than third place money so I am a little disappointed as it is now a crap shoot with blinds so high.  Anyway, right off I pick up the nemesis, KJ suited  in the small blind and raise to 6,000. The big blind, with 10,000 goes all in.  I call.  He has AK.  Great, I am dominated, but wait......the flop brings a jack.....the tables are turned.  He is now the dog looking for the 3 outer.....but wait......the turn brings an ace.  Crap!!!!

Down to 6000 in chips I am in the BB for 2000 when the ultra-aggressive SB raises.  I have J/8 offsuit and with most of my chips already in I call for all but one chip.  She moves me all in preflop and with a ragged queen high flop I call.  She shows pocket 4's which hold up.  I finish in 4 th place for $140. and stay to collect my high hand money which goes away when the big stack slow plays AA and fills up on the river.  Good Night! 

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

That's really crummy that you couldn't get them to chop. It sounded perfectly reasonable to me. I also have a love-hate relationship with K-J. I am perfectly happy to raise with it if I am the initial raiser, but if I am re-raised I almost always fold depending on the situation. Same with A-10. Not my favorite. See you this weekend!