Sunday, June 19, 2011

This is How to Guarantee a Final Table Seat

At the American Legion tournament last Friday I finally figured out how to guarantee a seat at the final table......Volunteer to deal it!  They have a sweet split on the 3 table tournament.  Whoever deals table 1, which will be the final, gets 50% of the tip pool, with #2 getting 30% and #3 getting 20%.  With a final tip total of $102 I was able to cover my $40 buy in, plus $11 in "sugar"!!!  I was knocked out on the final table bubble so that was my only win.

I made one huge mistake.  I limped in the small blind with pocket 4's and saw a beautiful flop of Q/6/4 rainbow!  My mistake was betting pot as there was a shortstack late position excellent player who had AQ and folded saying, "Set of 4's?".   An earlier position player also had a queen and would have at least called if not opened with my check on the flop.  I was running so card dead and was so short stacked myself that I just did not want to risk a small bet or check to let flush or straight draws develop.  That is your mind set when you have folded every hand for 3 blind levels.

No comments: