Tuesday, June 14, 2011

How Bad Luck is This?

I would have to say that today was one of my most unlucky days in a while.  Example 1:  Playing very tight, I flop a set of 10's on the $12 preflop raise of mine with 3 callers.  The flop is 10/Q/4.  I bet $20 and "Bob" calls.  The turn is a king.  I bet, he calls.  River a small card, I bet, he raises.  AJ for the turned straight.  Nice catch I say, can't believe you called $20 with the gutshot.  He then whips some S.... on me about how I sucked out on him a couple of years ago.  He keeps it up and I say, "F... you", he says, "What?", so I repeat it louder.  It then almost becomes a brawl after he whines about me saying the F word twice.  He then gets up out of his seat and grabs my shoulders and neck.  I told the floor that if he didn't let go immediately there would be a fight.  Some more words were exchanged, warnings were given to us, and the game went on.

I ended up being rivered 4 times in big pots, flopped straights were snapped by rivered full houses twice, and one full house on the turn against my flush.  Last hand, Miguel raises with AK, I call with 99.  Flop is small, he bets $20, I raise $20 and he calls.  Turn is a blank, I check, he checks.  River Ace, he bets, I call with my last $8.   

2 comments:

Phil said...

Leaving a comment on my own blog is kinda dumb, but here goes. I was thinking about my behaviour last night and was not impressed. I need to take my beats in stride knowing that I went in with the best but others just got lucky with their 2, 3, and 4 outers. I will take those odds any time. That said, I am just going to take my own advice to Bob...and STFU.

7 Dewey said...

I'm 99% positive I know which "Bob" you are talking about & I don't blame you at all for getting upset, but I'm glad you posted your own comment. Poker is just not important enough to get that upset over, although I certainly have felt like beating up on a couple of people from time to time - LOL. I just wish a lot of other people would STFU, you know?