Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Vegas Day One & Two

The first day in Vegas started out well for me.  Played in a 1/3 no limit game and won $270 in an hour.  Took a dinner break, my treat, and returned for the 7:00 $125.00 tournament.  Played fairly well, but ended up going out 23rd out of 63 players (or buyins, since it was a multiple entry) when my all in pocket queens ran into pocket kings in the big blind.  Played some blackjack switch, $15 min. bet, and made a quick $200.  Successful day one.  The Aria is beautiful, but very spendy.  Had a $4.50 Americano this morning with a $4.00 pastry.  Cheaper to sit at the tables and tip 1.00 for table service on drinks.

Day two started well for me.  Woke up super early and ended up walking around.  Ended up in Excalibur's card room playing some blackjack (Down $35.) when they announced morning poker tournament.  It was a very fast format, $35. for 3000 chips, with 15 min. blinds, and starting at 50/100.  I got lucky early and ended up chopping 4 ways for a $222. gross win.

Returned to Aria in time for 1:00 tournament which was not good for me.  I was tournament chip leader early, doubled up to over 16,000 in chips when I raised preflop with 9/9.  Flop was a dream, A/K/9, and lots of calls on my continuation bet.  The turn was meaningless, but decided to show weakness by checking.  River also a blank, no possible flushes or straights.  Another player bet into me, I raised, he went all in and I naturally called, expecting AK or other two pair.  Nope.  Pocket kings! new chip leader in town.  Ironically he later doubled up again with pocket 9's when he was way behind and got runner runner quad 9's.  Pocket 9's were my last hand, short stack, all in and called by AQ, ace on turn.  Still up for the day but lots more poker to play tonight. 

Almost forgot, Aria has the "Ivey Room" for the high rollers.  Watched Johnny Chan stroll in yesterday to join John Paul Belmonde, Billy Baxter, and later Barry Greenstein plus another pro who I recognized from TV but can't recall his name.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

It sounds like you are having an awesome time - way to go! My trip to Pendleton was non-productive and I couldn't get any traction in the live game either. Phooey. Still, it was funny getting out of town for a couple of days. Keep up the winning!